Privacy Notice – How we use your information
This policy is effective from 18 May 2018
TAG Farnborough Airport Ltd is committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal information.
We will be transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with it.
Your personal data will be collected by TAG Farnborough Airport who will act as the “Data Controller”.
1 The types of personal data TAG Farnborough Airport processes
The types of personal data which can be collected includes :
- National Identity Cards & Passport Numbers
- Telephone Numbers
- Bank & Credit Card Details
- Products booked and travel schedules
- Website pages viewed and emails opened and clicked
- Details of minors or person who are in your custody
The types of special categories of data collected includes:
- Biometrics for identification (e.g. photographs, CCTV images)
- Medical information
2 The purpose and legal basis of processing personal data
TAG Farnborough Airport collects personal information for specific purposes under a number of lawful methods of processing.
TAG Farnborough Airport will process personal information:
- For the purpose of airport updates/events invitation under opt-in consent
- Gathering visitor data to our website under opt-in consent
- For the purpose of purchasing TAG Farnborough Airport products or services under contract (e.g. fuel)
- For the purpose of purchases of third party services under contract (e.g. laundry, taxi)
- To fulfil request for specific medical assistance from us, such as the provision of wheelchair assistance
- To enable request for information, making enquiries, reports or complaints under the legitimate interest of the business
In addition, when you are transiting through the airport, there may be further processing of personal information including, but not limited to:
- Your image could be captured on CCTV, land-side and/or air-side, both interior and exterior to buildings and inside TAG Farnborough Airport vehicles for security monitoring purposes under the legitimate interest of the business.
- The Company that provides the security services
- Our security gates use an Automated Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system for security monitoring purposes under the legitimate interest of the business
- Baggage will be scanned, images and passports / ID card will be processed for the purposed of security under lawful obligations.
Where your consent has been sought, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
3 Your personal data rights
TAG Farnborough Airport will respect all of your data subject rights. If we do hold information about you, we will:
- Authenticate you as the data subject, or their agent
- Determine if a right can be administered
- Complete your request within 30 days; and
- Communicate to you in clear and intelligible language
These rights include, but are not limited to:
The Right of Access: at any time, you can ask for a copy of your personal information. TAG Farnborough Airport will respond with whether data is held or not. If data is held then a copy of the information and the required supplement notice will be offered to you.
Right of Rectification: allows you to submit changes to your records and once changes are verified, they will be amended on TAG Farnborough Airport records.
Right of Erasure: if you request your data to be erased, and there is no other lawful basis to keep your data, then it will be removed.
4 Retention periods
All personal data collected under contract or legitimate interest will not be held for any longer than is necessary.
Data collected under consent will be used until consent is withdrawn or if it is no longer useful for the purpose for which it was collected.
This does not affect your rights as data subject.
Please note: after this retention period has expired, TAG Farnborough Airport will be unable to reinstate the original data,
5 Failing to provide necessary personal data
Failing to provide some or all of the necessary data may result in:
- Being unable to access the airport.
- Being unable to send or receive a product or service
- Not receiving related news, updates or notices of events
6 Sharing personal data
TAG Farnborough Airport will only share personal with third parties for specific purposes, as set out in section 2. It may share personal data with its regulators, law enforcement, intelligence services and other government authorities where they require us to do so.
We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
7 Information security
Storage: personal electronic records are located on servers in secure premises
Access: only personnel authorised will have access to your personal data records on a need to know basis.
Disclosure of personal data: we do not disclose personal data unless we’re required to do so to comply with the law, under contract, have your consent, or if it is in your vital interest.
8 Privacy and cookies
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
9 Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
10 Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this webpage. At the start of this privacy notice we will tell you when it was late updated.
11 Complaints and queries
TAG Farnborough Airport tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think or collection or use of personal information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate.
To make a request to TAG Farnborough Airport for any personal information we may hold, you need to put a request in writing using the address below and contain the following information:
Your name and postal address
Details of your request
You must also provide:
A photocopy of your passport or driving licence, so that we can verify your identity.
Your signature and the date of the request
If you are applying on behalf of another person then signed authority from the individual is required.
Data Protection Officer
TAG Farnborough Airport
Updated May 2018